Friday, February 22, 2013

Easy Chili


Git in my mouthhhh

So not much to say about this but it was the lowest maintenance thing I could make in a rush. I feel like I never have the time of day to actually cook and bake as much as I would really like to. I’m pretty much a single mom over here – I cook and clean. Because of that, I like cooking things that produce big portions so I can eat them for 3 days straight. It gets a little unrefined when I eat things like chili for breakfast but when in Rome…

Anyways, this is the simplest chili recipe in the world. It is pretty mild for a chili and that is how I like it but obviously you can doctor it up with more heat if needed. I also use cannellini beans instead of red kidney beans out of preference but really any variety of beans would do.  It is  also the most basic chili could ever be but I appreciate simple so please don’t judge me for using a packet of spice mix from CVS. What's a Barbie to do? You could really take this recipe to the next level by adding chopped onions, peppers, sausage, and a variety of beans...but why fix what isn't broken?







INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground beef
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup water
1 packet of chili seasoning
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed


DIRECTIONS:
1.In a large saucepan cook ground beef completely. Add 1 cup of water and packet of chili seasoning. Simmer until the sauce thickens. 
2.
3.
In a separate saucepan on low heat mix the tomatoes, rinsed beans, and garlic.
Add the ground beef to the saucepan. Simmer on low for 30 minutes with a cover on the pan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment