Saturday, February 9, 2013

Gooey Butter Cookies

I found this recipe from another food blogger and immediately had to try it. You are going to be hard pressed to find me passing up a recipe with the word gooey in the title, so I obviously immediately dropped everything I was doing to drive to the store in the blizzard and get the ingredients. The recipe is actually super simple and uses a box of cake as the base.


While I was heating up the oven, Anthony was baking takeout food in a Target bag. He thinks its appropriate to leave leftover food like pizza in the oven.  This is why we can't have nice things.


 

The cookies actually came out pretty good considering the extra ingredient of toxic plastic fumes. They are VERY rich and buttery and do not taste like a typical chocolate chip cookie. I would definitely make these again but I would play around with the flavor of cake mix. Next time I would probably try chocolate cake mix with white chocolate chips. Overall, it is an easy recipe to throw together and the cookies are still gooey the next day. I would know because I ate them for breakfast. Wooops!

Gooey Chocolate Chip Butter Cookie Recipe
Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 stick  butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (18.25 ounce) package golden butter cake mix
2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add cake mix, and stir until well blended. Add chocolate chips. Use a batter scoop to make small balls. Place 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 10  minutes in the preheated oven. Be careful not to overcook...the top should be soft and the batter should still look raw when you take them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment